"It’s a good test from our perspective. The candidates that do well in the test certainly seem to be our better performers"
Arran Finlayson, CEO, The Back Office Co, Auckland, NZ
Double Entry Accounting Test
The Double Entry Accounting Skills Test is designed to be a fast, simple and efficient way to determine if your candidate has an intuitive grasp of the basics of double entry accounting (i.e. debits and credits).
The test is ideal for graduate or entry level positions or for slightly higher level positions where you have any concerns about the candidates basic accounting skills. It is also an ideal follow on from the Bookkeeper or Part / Non Qualified Accounting Test if candidates have scored poorly in those tests.
For a more generalist test covering double entry and business acumen see the Graduate / Trainee Accountant Test.
Double Entry Accounting Skills Test
The test covers four areas:
- Easy Journals – identifying journals required from easy transactions
- Harder Journals - identifying journals required from harder transactions
- Financial Statements – identifying where accounts will be found in financial statements
- Transactions – from a journal entry identifying the transaction that has occurred
Double Entry Accounting Skills Test Features
- 20 Questions & a time limit of 15 minutes
- 3 variants of all questions
- Questions loaded randomly to manage risks of tests being compromised & cheated
- Online access enabling candidates to complete tests anywhere
- Fast report generation of completed tests sent straight to your inbox
- Easy pay-as-you go options
When your candidate has completed the test you can use this Interpretation Video to help you understand more about their test report.
- Double Entry test + Personality profile $500
- Double Entry test + Ability - General Reasoning test $320
- Double Entry test + Personality test + General Reasoning test $605
Use the 'Additional Testing Options' menu on the top right of this page to select the bundle you need. The Accountest link will arrive immediately. The links for the personality and ability tests need to be specifically ordered, so will arrive within 4 business hours.
Not sure which test is right for your candidate? Find out with our Which Test Table here
What our clients are saying
"The abilities being shown by the recruited candidate correlates with the outcome of their test, and they are progressing and delivering to expectations"
"The Accountest was an extremely useful tool which assisted in our recruitment decision. The person we engaged is at the standard we expected and is in-line with the skill rating in the test results"
"We now use these tests to assess all potential accounting staff as part of our recruitment process."
"The candidates that do well in the test certainly seem to be our better performers."
"We have found that Accountests gives us the opportunity to understand our candidates accounting ability, which no other product has done until now. It also gives us the opportunity to base further questions for the candidate around what we can see their ability is and enable us to make an informed decision."
"The tool was great and formed a good part of the pre-employment process for us."
"The Public Sector Test was pivotal in validating our hiring decision. The reporting was clear and we were able to pick out the criteria of greatest interest to us"