"It's about making sure the candidates have the technical skills that clients need right now"
Helene Smith, Senior Recruiter, Find Recruitment, Wellington
Graduate / Trainee Accountant Test
The Graduate / Trainee Accountant Test is designed to be a fast, simple and efficient way to determine whether graduate or trainee candidates have a working knowledge of the basics of double entry accounting (i.e. debits and credits) and business acumen.
The test is ideal for graduate or trainee positions where candidates have limited accounting experience.
For a test focusing completely on double entry accounting see the Double Entry Accounting Test.
The test covers four areas:
- Create Journals – From a transaction what is the journal entry?
- Interpret Journals - From a journal what transaction is occurring?
- Accounting Concepts – Demonstrate an understanding for some basic accounting concepts
- Business Knowledge – Demonstrate an understanding of business terminology in practical use
- 20 Questions & a time limit of 15 minutes
- 3 variants of all questions
- Questions loaded randomly to manage risks of tests being compromised & cheated
- Fast report generation of completed tests sent straight to your inbox
When your candidate has completed the test you can use this Interpretation Video to help understand more about their test report.
- Graduate / Trainee test + Personality profile $500
- Graduate / Trainee test + Ability - Critical Reasoning test $320
- Graduate / Trainee test + Personality test + Critical Reasoning test $625
The Critical Reasoning Test is suitable for university graduates. If you want to use the General Reasoning Test please contact us to order this bundle.
Use the 'Additional Testing Options' menu on the top right of this page to select the bundle you need. The Accountest link will arrive immediately. The links for the personality and ability tests need to be specifically ordered, so will arrive within 4 business hours.
What our clients are saying
"The abilities being shown by the recruited candidate correlates with the outcome of their test, and they are progressing and delivering to expectations"
"The Accountest was an extremely useful tool which assisted in our recruitment decision. The person we engaged is at the standard we expected and is in-line with the skill rating in the test results"
"We now use these tests to assess all potential accounting staff as part of our recruitment process."
"The candidates that do well in the test certainly seem to be our better performers."
"We have found that Accountests gives us the opportunity to understand our candidates accounting ability, which no other product has done until now. It also gives us the opportunity to base further questions for the candidate around what we can see their ability is and enable us to make an informed decision."
"The tool was great and formed a good part of the pre-employment process for us."
"The Public Sector Test was pivotal in validating our hiring decision. The reporting was clear and we were able to pick out the criteria of greatest interest to us"